Facebook Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Post! And a Freebie!

I'm so stoked to start a blog - My goal is to post awesome ideas I'm using in my classroom, activities/ posters/ centers I've created, and links to people and teachers that have inspired me. I'm a Pinterest-pinning FOOL so a lot of what I create/ share I've found on that genius of a website.

Come August, I'll begin my second year as a 4th grade teacher. My first year was busy but rockin' -- our state switched to the STAAR test (that was fun to prepare for...), I won New Teacher of the Year for my district (huge surprise and honor), I realized I LOVE teaching math (the subject previously caused me to gag and run screaming), and I fell in love with 24 sweet souls who forever changed my life.

More about me:  I'm the mom of two amazing boys (one will be entering 7th grade and the other 4th), the wife of a wonderful man, the daughter of the best parents in the universe, the big sister of a movin' & shakin' insurance-agent, the daughter-in-law of a rockstar retired teacher & engineer, and friends to some of the coolest peeps around.  My support systems is huge, amazing, awesome, fantastic, mind-blowing... (continue to fill in positive adjectives here)!

I have a TeachersPayTeachers site where I'll post all the items I create, just search for "Katie Texas" or click the link to the right.  I already have some great items (including freebies) posted. And if you have no idea what TeachersPayTeachers is...  GO. THERE. NOW!! It's amazing. (link)----> TeachersPayTeachers

To start this blog off with a bang, Here's my FIRST FREEBIE (this one is NOT in my TPT store)! Just click the link to download these adorable digit cards. WOOT!


   Digit Cards



No comments:

Post a Comment