Facebook Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Teacher Craftiness & A Giant Ruler!!

Today was most excellent. Two of my friends (and fellow teachers) came over to my casa for "Teacher Craft Day."



We made homework lottery tickets, file folders for centers, word work, math stations, homework "Black Book"s, Mr. Potato Head pieces for positive behavior (class compliment = piece on Mr. PH.  Once he's all made up we celebrate!) and A GIANT RULER!!


The ruler idea came from my awesome friend, Rachel A. She was inspired by a church sermon! A teacher's brain never quits. Lol. You can't tell from the pic but each "inch" is actually a foot.  Measurement is hard for kiddos to grasp, so a giant visual for measuring inches, half inches and quarter inches is going to be great!!  GO RACHEL!

Other craft ideas came from Pinterest (where else?!) and Tara at 4thGradeFrolics. CHECK OUT HER BLOG TODAY! She is a teaching/creating genius!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the ruler.......I think I may make one for my class!

    ReplyDelete